The world travel awards celebrated its 17th anniversary and unveiled the 2010 Grand tourist destinations after a very rigorous selection procedure. Dubai (UAE), Johannesburg (South Africa), Orlando (Florida, USA), Antalya (Turkey), New Delhi (India) and Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) have all emerged winners.
The World Travel Awards has grown to a global search for the best in travel and tourism brands and can be compared to the “Oscars” of the travel industry. Each of these cities will stage a World Travel Award regional ceremony and the Grand Finale will be in London in November. The hosts represent the most exciting and innovative places to visit in 2010.
World Travel Awards Grand Tour 2010
• Middle East Gala Ceremony, Dubai, UAE, 3 May 2010
• Africa & Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony, Johannesburg, South Africa, 7 July 2010
• North & Central American & Caribbean Gala Ceremony, Orlando, Florida, USA, 11 September 2010
• Europe Gala Ceremony, Antalya, Turkey, 1 October 2010
• Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony, New Delhi, India, 14 October 2010
• South America Gala Ceremony, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 20 October 2010
• Grand Final, London, UK 7 November 2010
With more than 50% increase in the application this year demonstrates the importance of these awards. For the tourism industry however winning the World Trade award is more than just an award it is an endorsement of excellent service by the professionals from round the world.