During this time the average weather in most parts of India soar between 90 to 113 degrees. Here are a few tips our experts suggest on how to beat the heat in India:
- Drink plenty of water and fruit juices to keep yourself hydrated. Avoid caffeine based drinks and colas.
- Refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages as it may dehydrate you.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light colored cotton clothes.
- Do not forget your hat, sunscreen lotion, & sunglasses. Carrying an umbrella might be helpful in blocking the sun’s heat.
- Travel during early morning or late evening to avoid the afternoon heat.
- Think of Himalayas as a great escape during summer.
- Try cooler destinations such as Shimla, Darjeeling, Sikkim and Kulu Manali.
- Avoid fried and greasy food, cooked vegetarian food is a healthier and more beneficial alternative.
- Apply cold pack to your stomach and eyes, this will help cool down your entire body.