Nepal is a small landlocked country in Southern Asia, between China and India. It contains eight of the world’s 10 highest peaks, including Mount Everest – the world’s tallest – on the border with China.
The MOUNT EVEREST a.k.a Mount Chomolangma (as popularly known by the natives) is the most coveted landmark of this recently turned to REPUBLIC Country. Awed & envied by many, presence of Mount Everest makes Nepal a much sought after destination for everybody in the world.
Best Time to Visit Nepal is Autumn and Spring. Autumn starts from early September to early December and brings in clear weather with sunny days and warm nights. Whereas spring starts from the beginning of March to the end of May with occasional rain falls. From June to September, is the monsoon season.
Things to do in Nepal
• Buy Tibetan handicrafts and artefacts in the hugely impressive Bodnath Stupa, a centre of Tibetan exile culture, a few kilometers from Kathmandu. Alternatively, visit the lively bazaar in the hill town of Gorkha, the ancestral home of the Shah Dynasty and residence of the original Gurkha soldiers.
• National Parks & Wildlife Reserves – Go on an elephant ride in the Royal Chitwan National Park, Nepal’s first national park, which is a jungle overflowing with wildlife. Escape to this water world of thatched villages and rice paddies where bird species out number tourists 400:1 at Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
• Take a scenic flight over Mount Everest. Most of the domestic airlines arrange flights in light aircraft. Flights are also available from Pokhara and other locations west of the capital, flying over the spectacular Annapurna range.
• Go river rafting: Raft down the Bhote Kosi River or abseil down a thundering waterfall for the ultimate white-water rush. Rafting permits are not required for the general areas; however, to raft the Himalayan rivers, a permit must be obtained from the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation.
• Go ballooning or hang-gliding in Kathmandu. Hang-gliding is popular in Pokhara and in the Langtang region. Paragliding and power paragliding are available in Pokhara.
• One of the principal reasons for visiting Nepal must be either to see or to climb the mountains, especially Mount Everest. At an altitude of 8,848m (29,022ft), Everest is the world’s highest peak and has been opened for commercial mountaineering for decades.
• For walkers and trekkers, Nepal is a true paradise. The trekking season is generally from September to May, but the best periods are October to December and March to April
Must Visit Places in Nepal
Immerse yourself in one of world’s most fascinating and tourist-friendly cities
Meditate on the nature of existence amidst a sea of monasteries at the birthplace of the Buddha
Hang out by Phewa Tal and gaze across the lake towards the Annapurnas
4. Annapurna Circuit
Hit the Apple Pie Trail on Nepal’s most popular trek, or just enjoy short hikes from Jomsom
Tour ancient temples, visit traditional villages and hike to hilltops with Himalayan views
Soak up the medieval atmosphere and the views in this living museum of Newari architecture
Stroll along traffic-free backstreets and witness the unchanging rituals of Newari life
Join the other pilgrims to this ancient Hindu centre, scene of the famous Hindu epic the Ramayana